The Traslación of the Black Nazarene, an annual procession to celebrate the solemn transfer of the image of Jesus Christ from Intramuros to Quiapo Church where thousands of devotees partake every 9th of January, will not be held for the second straight year for everyone’s safety and prevent the spread of the coronovirus.
In this pandemic situation, let us keep our faith in Yahweh strong and pray the Oratio Imperata for COVID-19.
Despite suspension of the annual procession, the celebration will continue as the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene, also known as the Parish of Saint John the Baptist and Quiapo Church will commence with nine-day Novena Masses from December 31, 2021 to January 8, 2022.
Also, a “localized” Traslación 2022 will take place wherein instead of the devotees going to Quiapo Church, the image of the Black Nazarene will be brought out and visit various places within the Archdiocese of Manila and also in other neighboring dioceses. Check out the following dates and places of the visitation of image.
|Dec. 27, 2021||Dec. 29, 2021||- Our Lay of the Angels Parish (Atimonan, Quezon)|
|Dec. 29, 2021||Jan. 2, 2022||- St. Ferdinand Cathedral (Lucena City)|
|Dec. 28, 2021||Dec. 30, 2021||- Our Lady of the Atonement Cathedral (Baguio Cathedral)|
|Dec. 30, 2021||Jan. 2, 2022||- National Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage aka Immaculate Conception Parish (Antipolo Cathedral)|
|Dec. 31, 2021||Jan. 1, 2022||- Caritas Manila (Pandacan)|
|Jan. 1, 2022||Jan. 2, 2022||- Chapel of St. Lazarus (San Lazaro Hospital)|
- Shrine of Our Lady of Namacpacan aka St. Catherine of Alexandria Parish (Luna, La Union)
|Jan. 2, 2022||Jan. 3, 2022||- National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO)|
- St. John the Evangelist Cathedral Parish (Dagupan Cathedral)
- Cathedral Parish of Saint Paul the First Hermit (San Pablo Cathedral)
- San Roque Cathedral (Caloocan Cathedral)
|Jan. 3, 2022||Jan. 4, 2022||- Manila Public Information Office (Manila City Hall)|
- St. Nicholas Of Tolentine Parish Cathedral (Cabanatuan Cathedral)
- Metropolitan Cathedral of San Sebastian (Lipa Cathedral)
- Cathedral Shrine and Parish of the Good Shepherd (Novaliches Cathedral)
|Jan. 4, 2022||Jan. 5, 2022||- Sto. Niño de Paz Greenbelt Chapel (Ayala Center, Makati City)|
- San Sebastian Cathedral Parish (Tarlac Cathedral)
- St. John the Baptist Parish Church (Calamba, Laguna)
- The Immaculate Conception Cathedral of Cubao (Cubao Cathedral)
|Jan. 5, 2022||Jan. 6, 2022||- Bureau of Fire Protection - Main Office (Quezon City)|
- St. Joseph the Worker Cathedral (San Jose City, Nueva Ecija)
- Diocesan Shrine and Parish of Our Lady of the Pillar (Imus Cathedral)
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral Parish (Pasig Cathedral)
|Jan. 6, 2022||Jan. 7, 2022||- Radyo Veritas 846 Station (Quezon City)|
- Metropolitan Cathedral of San Fernando (Pampanga)
- Diocesan Shrine of Nuestra Señora del Buen Suceso aka Cathedral Parish of St. Andrew (Parañaque Cathedral)
- Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception Manila Metropolitan Cathedral (Manila Cathedral)
|Jan. 7, 2022||Jan. 8, 2022||- San Carlos Seminary (Guadalupe, Makati City)|
- Minor Basilica and Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception of Malolos (Malolos Cathedral)
- National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help (Baclaran Church)
|Jan. 8, 2022||- The Nazarene Catholic School (Quiapo, Manila)|
He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? How is it that you have no faith?”
The Traslación 2022 Catechism is from Exodus 20:16.
“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.”